« Home | There was a time when you let me know, what's real... » | All I know is I would throw them all away » | Lego My Freedom of Speech! » | Of all the Thompson gunners, Roland was the best » | Prove to me that you're no fool, walk across my sw... » | Shiny! » | Creative Writing Strikes Again » | Real News Story » | Tell me more, tell me more... » | Down to the river where they caught a wild alligat... »

We're rednecks, we're rednecks, we don't know our ass from a hole in the ground...

Have you heard Randy Newman's Good Old Boys? You should...but I wouldn't play it loud in public. Not a politically correct album, but oh so brilliant, and I think he really nails the Old South. Songs about Birmingham, Lester Maddox, Huey Long, and a very sad song about a levee break in 1927 down in Plaquemine.

So I did something that I'm not very proud of today. If you're reading this, you probably already know...but I joined Myspace. I know, I know, I swore I never would...but going out last night with friends, I realised how much of an integral part of 20-something life it has become. Where before Myspace was the province of giggly 14 year old girls with webcams who say things like zzzLOLzzz and OMG! a lot...now the adults are crashing it (and still saying things like zzzLOLzzz and OMG! but that's beside the point). So check it out here, and if you're so inclined, add me as a friend or whatever.

I am now the proud owner of a new suit, something I haven't had in many years. All these friends getting hitched this spring, got to have something to wear while I hit up the buffet at the reception. I spent $40 on a necktie, which seems ridiculous to me, but I don't have the time to hit up thrift stores looking for the one nice tie amidst all the 70's hideous ties. $40! I bought Season 1 of Battlestar Galactica for less money, and I'm damn sure going to use it more than that tie.

So next weekend I'm in Georgia, where I might get to see Brandi Carlile live...the real attraction will be partying with Mormons of course. Wild bunch, Latter Day Saints. Smiting the infidel with cunning arguments and explanatory pamphlets.

This blog will not disappear with the onset of Myspace by the way...this is a much better forum for me. Myspace is strictly for networking, and of course, meeting Hot Chicks. That's going to happen right? I checked that box in the application...

Oh yeah, speaking of Battlestar Galactica, the season finale was Friday night...holy batshit, Fatman. Never have I seen a show change dynamics so much in one episode. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but if you have seen it and want to obsess over plot points, characters, and storytelling, e-mail me and I will unleash the fanboy within.

And now: dinner.

We at the R.A.D.L. have been alerted to naughty and insensitive language by you in your blog.
PLease desist in your evil ways or suffer a moon pie being thrown at you in a drive-by from our organization's hit man, Bubba. (not related to george davis)
That is, there'll be a drive-by if the dang tractor's working.)
thanks, and have a nice day.
from the friendly folks at the Redneck Anti-Defamation League.

Post a Comment

Links

  • Google
  • Wikipedia
  • Firefox
  • Google News
  • Little Man
  • The Hannahrama
  • Thoughts While Falling Over
  • Alan's Wordpress
  • visit daytrotter.com
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from SlowlyMovingTurtle. Make your own badge here.