« Home | Me and the skirts always end up the same » | Good Old Judas, So Long Judas » | Kodachrome, give us the night's bright colors... » | Good Night, and Good Luck » | So There I Was » | My Inner Geek exploded when it saw this » | Yuk, this mask tastes like plastic » | So now, my oldest friend (in the sense of, we've b... » | We're rednecks, we're rednecks, we don't know our ... » | There was a time when you let me know, what's real... »



Nope, no snakes on my plane. I am back in San Diego, and have been for a busy, busy week. Highlights include arguing with officers, winning $60 playing Texas Hold 'Em, and learning in Logic class how to build atomic bombs. And there's a guy from Tehran sitting behind me in class, no joke. I didn't see him taking many notes though.

I just got back from the Adams Avenue Roots and Folk Music Festival - since it's going on a few hundred feet away from my apartment and it's free, I felt I should attend. Within seconds of walking into the roped off area, I was accosted by a monk in a baseball cap who liked my tshirt and who tried to give me a copy of the Bhavagad-Gita...when I told him I already had one, he gave me a different book on Hinduism, and I gave him $2. I saw bluegrass in the park, mandolin Italian chamber music in the street, met a street magician/busker named Jimmy from New Orleans who was really pretty good. He had just gotten back from Europe ("now recently from the Sultan's Palace, the Courts of Kings & Queens and now performing for you ladies and gentlemen on this street corner. Stay in school kids, really") There was cowboy and Celtic music in a church, and Chinese people doing while-you-wait calligraphy. Why, there were even rides for the kids - one of which is the picture you see. Overall, I had a good free time.

The Coachella movie is out on DVD now - Radiohead, the Pixies, the Flaming Lips, Morrissey, Aracde Fire, Belle and Sebastian, and quite a few more. Beck talks about music, and there are giant robots belching flames and beating each other. Recommended! Now they're only 4 DVDs behind Bonnaroo...

Links

  • Google
  • Wikipedia
  • Firefox
  • Google News
  • Little Man
  • The Hannahrama
  • Thoughts While Falling Over
  • Alan's Wordpress
  • visit daytrotter.com
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from SlowlyMovingTurtle. Make your own badge here.