« Home | Update » | Again I am misusing government resources to bring ... » | Statue outside Capitol Dome » | Vote for Aaron! » | God & lighthouse man, guide this sailor back to land » | The Turtle Moves! » | I Can Make You a Celebrity Overnight » | I've Been Learning to Drive My Whole Life » | In the Streets of Baltimore » | Balboa Park: Architecture in San Diego »

Come on it's time for something Biblical...

I guess with a title like that I should use the word cubit, or prophesy something awful. Nah. I just finished reading Kafka On The Shore. Amazing book, with a lot of the same elements that were explored in Hard Boiled Wonderland & the End of the World... some plot devices here that would have totally imploded the story in the hands of a lesser writer. Once again, Murakami manages to walk the fine line between the soul-shakingly trascendental and the ridiculous.

Pretension in my mouth tastes like apple juice. Or is that really apple juice? Maybe it's a bitter, hungry ghost of the apple that became the juice. Yes, I am being mildly sarcastic here...but go read Kafka On The Shore. It's very, very good.

Hannah, I can't re-read the Murakami yet, because I read the first one only 9 months ago. I need forgetfullness time.

I spent a few hours today talking esoteric cryptologist talk with a couple of contractors...it was fun and I actually felt enthusiastic about the job, for a bit. The idea that I can change the way some things are done...I sure hope so. But I don't want to become that future.

Links

  • Google
  • Wikipedia
  • Firefox
  • Google News
  • Little Man
  • The Hannahrama
  • Thoughts While Falling Over
  • Alan's Wordpress
  • visit daytrotter.com
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from SlowlyMovingTurtle. Make your own badge here.