« Home | Statue outside Capitol Dome » | Vote for Aaron! » | God & lighthouse man, guide this sailor back to land » | The Turtle Moves! » | I Can Make You a Celebrity Overnight » | I've Been Learning to Drive My Whole Life » | In the Streets of Baltimore » | Balboa Park: Architecture in San Diego » | Road Trip!!! » | Sunset over the Dunes in the U.A.E. or Muad-dib! »

Again I am misusing government resources to bring you this blog; again I am bored out of my mind at work. What I've learned so far: Iran has revoked the press credentials of CNN journalists because Iran believes they mistranslated the phrase "nuclear technology" into "nuclear weapons". Given that Christiane Amanpour, the lead CNN journalist in Iran is herself of Iranian descent and speaks Farsi, this seems a bit unusual. The alleged mistranslation occured during a CNN live telecast of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's press conference on Saturday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4617754.stm

It's unclear if CNN is acknowledging the error. Sources vary.

Also, from China: http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/01/15/opinion/edmirsky.php and http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/15/weekinreview/15zeller.html

which tell about how the government of China, with the help of Yahoo, AOL, MSN, and Google collude to block "forbidden" websites from Chinese internet surfers. A search for "Falun Gong" on Yahoo China doesn't reveal any matching pages...do that on regular old Yahoo US and you get thousands of results. This is hardly new stuff, but it's interesting to me the levels at which Western web content companies are complying with this sort of censorship. Makes one wonder if there's anything they're keeping from us. Also, to what extent should multinational corporations be held responsible for upholding human rights where they do business? Again, nothing new. Just what's crossing my mind.

I have no days off for the foreseeable future, so blogging may be sporadic. By the time I get home I generally don't feel like typing. Plus, I have a sofa and loveseat now so I no longer have to sit down in my office chair. I can be horizontal and happy, so expect Aaron-Productivity to go way, way down.

Links

  • Google
  • Wikipedia
  • Firefox
  • Google News
  • Little Man
  • The Hannahrama
  • Thoughts While Falling Over
  • Alan's Wordpress
  • visit daytrotter.com
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from SlowlyMovingTurtle. Make your own badge here.