« Home | Untitled New Story » | Superstition ain't the way » | Nope, no snakes on my plane. I am back in San Dieg... » | Me and the skirts always end up the same » | Good Old Judas, So Long Judas » | Kodachrome, give us the night's bright colors... » | Good Night, and Good Luck » | So There I Was » | My Inner Geek exploded when it saw this » | Yuk, this mask tastes like plastic »

Mister Sheehan goes to Washington

Summer blockbusters: bleah. In the last few weeks I've seen MI:III, The Poseidon Adventure, The DaVinci Code, and X-Men III. None of these were really of my own volition, I got invited to go with friend(s) - and guess what. They all sucked (the movies, not the friends). I would like to write a witty and pithy, scathing, Rotten Tomatoes-esque review of them - but I don't have the energy. Plus, I've lost so many brain cells watching poor acting, spastic action, banal dialogue, and transparent plotlines that I am having trouble even speaking English. Since there is a bill afoot in Congress to make that our national, official language, I could be in deep trouble. I have a proposal for a counter-bill: make speaking English illegal when burning a US flag. Think about it! Protestors will be forced to learn another language, forcing them to go to school and actually accomplish something with the copious spare time they must have. Second, national pride. We've stopped most flag-burning, without trampling on anyone's precious civil liberties. Where in the Consitution does it say that you have the right to burn flags AND speak English? Nowhere, buddy. Nowhere.

I should be a legislator. Speaking of which, how about this idea: let's make any evidence obtained through warrantless wiretapping inadmissable in all cases except terrorism. This is only a stop-gap measure, but it might placate some folks who are worried about the idea that the federal government is heading down the slippery slope of collecting data for the sake of collecting data. Say Johnny Law was data-miningfor Al-Qaeda, and found out evidence that a prominent Senator was accepting bribes. And evading taxes. Yeah. Well, under this law, that evidence would be totally inadmissable. 'Cause obviously, we can't legally keep the President and the NSA from collecting phonecalls, but we can make sure they don't use it against us. What do you say, voters? Are you with me?

Links

  • Google
  • Wikipedia
  • Firefox
  • Google News
  • Little Man
  • The Hannahrama
  • Thoughts While Falling Over
  • Alan's Wordpress
  • visit daytrotter.com
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from SlowlyMovingTurtle. Make your own badge here.