« Home | Tea For Two » | First Night at Aaron's Apartment » | Gaudete Christus/ Baruch ata Adonai...et al » | HO. HO. HO. » | Like a diamond in the coal » | I see the fire, I see the end » | Oi! Teacher! Leave those kids alone! » | Misuse of Government Property » | The Banality of Evil » | Po'try »

All The Trees of the Field Will Clap Their Hands

Tired...tired! Had duty today as JOOD, and it was the busiest watch I've ever stood on the quarterdeck. Drive, drive, drive...courier, scurry, ferret, clean. At least it was only 11 1/2 hours long...30 minutes early! Thanks for leaving, Skipper!

Went to Pacific Beach yesterday and picked up at a used CD store the following:

Broken Social Scene - S/T - $7.99
Randy Newman - Good Old Boys - $6.99
U2 - War - $5.99

Why would I buy an album I have in its entirety already from BitTorrent? Well, besides being only 6 bucks, now I know which track is which because the file I got is one long .mp3. And now it's portable, and shareable. I know, wasn't that the point of digital media? Go figure.

Downloaded for free I got Sufjan Stevens Seven Swans, Death Cab for Cutie Plans, And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead....which is the best name for a band, ever...oh yeah, and Takk by Sigur Ros, which is entirely in Icelandic and I haven't made up my mind about this yet. I have harnessed the power of the electronic donkey, and it is STRONG.

Watched a lot of CNN today - further depressing me about what's considered news. Why is it that print media, sich as The Economist, reports on matters of great import with depth and veracity - and a 24-7 outlet like CNN doesn't even mention the stories? Oh...that's right...The Economist is out of the UK, and CNN is out of the US. Who wants to go with me to Britain and say things like "tosser" and "wanker"? I am seriously leaning towards taking a trip there this year, finances, school, and the Navy permitting. Anybody know some good places to stay? Airfare isn't too bad...

Tomorrow will be fun -

I'm all for the UK.

I hear, read, imagine, a lot of romantic, idealistic things about it.

Plus there's Alan Moore's From Hell walking tour of London.

It's high on my places-to-visit-to-find-out-if-I-want-to-live-there-or-not list.

Take this little Anglophile with you! We can go to Oxford and sit in the Jericho Tavern and try to spot stray Greenwood brothers!

Post a Comment

Links

  • Google
  • Wikipedia
  • Firefox
  • Google News
  • Little Man
  • The Hannahrama
  • Thoughts While Falling Over
  • Alan's Wordpress
  • visit daytrotter.com
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from SlowlyMovingTurtle. Make your own badge here.